Wednesday, May 31, 2017

OHUG 2017 - What Looks Good To Me

So I’m headed to the OHUG 2017 conference next week.  As it is one of the few conferences I attend anymore, I’m pretty excited about going.  I’m particularly interested in information related to the implementation of Oracle HCM Cloud.  So, in  preparation for the conference, I thought I’d share some events and sessions that look good to me.

First, a few caveats about the following list.   I’m presenting twice myself, so I’m breaking my sessions out as a blatant plug rather than including them on the list:
  • Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud User Experience Extensibility: From Mystery To Magic, Wednesday, 1:45 pm, Salon 1
  • An Update: The Oracle HCM Cloud Solution Library, Friday, 10:15 am, Salon 8
It's worth stating here that, although I'm an Oracle employee, the opinions here and mine and mine alone - this should not be interpreted in any way as official Oracle information or direction.  Nor am I speaking for OHUG in any way.  In addition, keep in mind that I’m focused on Oracle HCM Cloud Applications.  OHUG tracks cover HCM Cloud, PeopleSoft, and E-Business.  As I make my living these days by working on HCM Cloud Applications, I can’t render any opinions on PeopleSoft or EBS sessions…so you will only see HCM Cloud entries on my list.  Also keep in mind that I won’t list SIG sessions:  you know better than I the SIGs you should attend.  But I will say that the SIG sessions are often the best part of a user conference…be sure you don’t miss out.  And finally, some of the sessions I list will have schedule conflicts with other sessions I list.  But that’s an indicator of a great conference…making difficult choices about where to burn your calories. 
 
So, with all that said, let’s get to the list.  Sessions are listed in no particular order.  And, for the presenters that did not make this list…it’s not that your presentation did not look interesting (almost all of the sessions have something that I’d love to check out), it’s just that I’m digging into other subject areas this year and my own focus had definitely driven this list.

Digital HR Transformation  First and Foremost Managing The Challenge of Change
Tuesday
4:45 pm
Salon 12
Product Vision and Roadmap:  Oracle HCM Cloud
Tuesday
3:30 pm
Ballroom
The Current State of Human Capital Management
Tuesday
1:30 pm
Executive Ballroom
User Experience: Best Practices to Ensure a Positive Experience for Candidates and Users
Wednesday
9:00 am
Salon 15

Oracle HCM Cloud Leading Practice - Cloud Rapid Start Implementation with Tools
Wednesday
10:30 am
Salon 12
Meet The Experts:  HCM Cloud Center of Excellence
Wednesday
3:15 pm
Salon 19
How To Get The Best Out of OTBI
Thursday
9:00 am
Salon 12
Cloud Global Deployments - Leading Practices and Things That Make You Go Hmmm
Thursday
11:00 am
Salon 3
Cloud Payroll:  What You Don’t Know Could Hurt You or At Least Your Project
Thursday
2:30 pm
Salon 3
Adopting A Testing Strategy Fit For The Latest Oracle HCM Cloud
Friday
11:30 am
Salon 3
HCM Cloud Extracts Made Easy!
Wednesday
3:15 pm
Salon 9
Decision Is Made:  Going To HCM Cloud. Now, What’s The Best Strategy For Data Conversion?
Friday
10:15 am
Salon 13
Patching - Where’s The Beef?
Thursday
9:00 am
Salon 4

Best Practices in Attracting Top Talent Through Oracle Taleo Cloud Suite
Thursday
9:00 am
Salon 2
Cloud Portal:  Self-Service Management For The HCM Cloud
Wednesday
9:00 am
Salon 3

Note that this information is current as of May 31st.  Dates, times and locations could change at anytime leading up to or during the conference.  Your best bet for staying current is the OHUG application for your phone.

In addition to the sessions, there are a few conference events you may want to consider:
  • Meet The Experts:  a place to meet and chat with the people who build and deliver Oracle HCM products.  Watch the schedule for the times and locations of those you’d care to meet.  I have listed one Meet The Experts session in the above list - the session for the HCM Cloud Center of Excellence.  Oracle’s John Cafolla will be the expert at this particular session.  John has his fingers on the pulse of HCM Cloud implementations around the globe.  If you want to talk implementation, John is your guy.  You can find the full schedule for Meet The Experts here.
  • Report Jam:  Oracle’s Julian Challenger conducts a series of pretty cool workshops focused on building reports using OTBI.  If you have reports you’d like to build or report-related questions, you’ll get a hands-on opportunity to collaborate with Oracle’s best OTBI gurus here.  Sign up for a time slot in advance at the Empire foyer.
  • Usability Lab: you’ll have the opportunity to see and provide feedback on HCM-related features and applications still in development.  Great for getting a sneak peek and influencing future direction of Oracle products.  The Lab only happens on Wednesday and requires signing up in advance by sending an email to jeannette.chadwick@oracle.com.
  • Oracle Support Central:  Bring your toughest HCM-related questions here. Whether it’s HR, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Taleo or whatever, this is the place to get answers.

Let’s wrap this up with an invitation from me to you:  if you’d like to get together with me at the conference to talk or ask questions about anything related to HCM Cloud (or if you’d just like to hang out), hit me up on Twitter @fteter.  I'm happy to talk to customers, partners, old friends and potential new friends.  Hope to see you there! 

No comments: